Real Estate Attorney – Counsel
Starting at $110,000
Newman & Lickstein is a growing law firm located in downtown Syracuse. We specialize in real estate transactions (commercial/residential), corporate & business law, litigation & dispute resolution, and technology, startups & venture capital.
We are seeking a Real Estate Attorney with 5-7 years of experience. In this role, you will work with our dynamic Real Estate team and handle a variety of commercial, multifamily, and residential real estate transactions.
- In this position, you will prepare and review legal documents relating to real estate, negotiate terms and conditions of transactions, and facilitate leasing and sale transactions.
- We are most interested in candidates with large or mid-size law firm experience, strong academic credentials, and excellent legal research and writing skills. Ideally, your prior experience will be in general real estate and housing law, financing and leasing, fund investments, title issues and searches, escrow arrangements, and property management.
- We are looking for someone who has strong verbal communication skills and can work both independently and in a team environment.
- Additional management level responsibilities will include:
- Manage and work collaboratively with team of associate attorneys
- Build and maintain positive client relationships
- Assist management with process improvements to promote scalable growth & profitability
This is a great opportunity for someone in search of a more positive work-life balance with lower annual billable requirements, increased responsibility, and strong growth potential to build your practice with us.
We offer a top-of-market compensation package on par or higher than the largest firms in the area, profit sharing, and great benefits. A portable book of business, although not a requirement, is highly desired and will allow for additional compensation.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and experiences. Please reach out and start a conversation. All submissions are kept in confidence.