Linda represents clients in corporate matters including corporate acquisitions and mergers, divestitures, co-investments, buy-sell agreements, due diligence and risk analysis, and the formation and maintenance of business entities. She additionally counsels private equity firms and other strategic investment funds in the purchase and sale of companies and assets.
Linda has a strong technical background and advises clients on technology-based transactions such as licensing and joint development agreements in the software, e-commerce, energy, and telecommunications industries. Her practice further includes the protection of intellectual property assets, including patent and trademark services.
Linda joins the firm after spending more than 15 years with a leading Texas based firm, where she was recognized in the most recently published edition of “The Best Lawyers in America.” She has also worked in the legal department of an energy company and in the intellectual property group of an engineering company.
Linda and her family live in Cazenovia, New York and spend as much time as they can in the woods or on the water.
Buying and Selling Businesses
- Sale of all real property and converting to lease/franchise agreements for major energy retailer
- Acquisition of bundle of rights to properties for wind energy projects
- Purchase of chemical plant and fuel oil terminal
- Purchase of groups of waste management services
- Acquisition of hydrocarbon assets in multiple states
- Purchase and sale of steel manufacturing facilities and related assets
- Drafting SaaS, licensing, and other technology transfer agreements for both licensees and licensors
- Landscape trademark studies for developing international trademark strategy
- Prosecuting patent portfolio for a top 10 Fortune Global 500 Company
General Legal Counsel
- Developing and maintaining corporate entities for the purchase and sale of equity and assets
- Performing due diligence analysis for acquisition considerations for supermajor oil company
Linda has presented accredited continuing education courses related to intellectual property, including the treatment of intellectual property during bankruptcy, the consideration of intellectual property during mergers and acquisitions, and finding inequitable conduct in patent litigation.
- The University of Texas School of Law, with Honours (J.D., 2004)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (B Engineering, 1998)
- New York
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Professional Engineering License in Mechanical Engineering (Registered in California)